The late Jeff Porcaro explains the three drum beats he put together to create the beat for Toto’s “Rosanna”. Explanatory gems like this are rare and amazing. RIP.
In Philadelphia, It's Worth 50 Bucks.
- Pawnbroker: Burnt my fingers, man.
- Louis Winthorpe III: I beg your pardon?
- Pawnbroker: Man, that watch is so hot, it's smokin'.
- Louis Winthorpe III: Hot? Do you mean to imply stolen?
- Pawnbroker: I'll give you 50 bucks for it.
- Louis Winthorpe III: Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!
- Pawnbroker: You got a receipt?
- Louis Winthorpe III: Look, it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.
- Pawnbroker: In Philadelphia, it's worth 50 bucks.
- Louis Winthorpe III: Just give me the money.
- Louis Winthorpe III: [looking in display case] How much for the gun?